Tuesday, November 16, 2010

FLUKE



WELL, THIS WAS A FINE ONE!
I have to say I wasn't expecting much. This paperback by Christopher Moore (HarperCollins, 2004) looked at first as if it were going to be MORE OF THE SAME after I read his other one, Lust Lizard Of Melancholy Cove, but was I ever wrong! The story certainly starts out much the same, BUT IT BRANCHES OUT NICELY FROM THERE, BELIEVE ME.
Let me not spoil the story for you. Suffice to say that THIS IS A LEVEL AND TYPE OF CONSPIRACY WORK that I seriously hope they are looking into over in R&D. It's like a MUCH LESS USER-FRIENDLY version of the technology we read about in The Godwhale by the Great Scribe T.J. Bass. And, in fact, some of it is DISTURBINGLY SIMILAR to what we are doing in the here & now. BUT IT'S JUST FICTION, LADIES.
By all means, read this one. It's not to be missed.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

righto !

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home