Friday, May 07, 2010

OCEANS


Well, we just went to see this at the theater, and I'm PROVISIONALLY PLEASED.
 
CLIFFIE'S NOTES ON THIS 2010 DISNEY FILM:
 
Visuals: Beyond excellent. Only real reason to see this picture.

Message: Far from clear. "Oceans good"? If so, OK, fine. "Oceans in trouble"? They kept hinting at it without ever coming to the point. "Oceans worth exploring"? I would object to that -- TOO MUCH HAS BEEN EXPLORED ALREADY.

Voice-overs: IRRITATING. My dear Cod, by the end of the first reel I was ready to find -- and strangle -- Pierce Brosnan. It's probably NOT HIS FAULT they edited his commentary by putting it through a woodchipper, but IT COULD HAVE BEEN HANDLED BETTER.
 
There was, oddly, nothing much more to this picture. It was VERY pretty to look at, and EVEN MORE PISCATORIAL than Avatar. Overall, I'd recommend you rent it and JUST TURN THE SOUND OFF.

Sorry, Pierce; you just weren't making any sense, man.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

big screens make me motion sick. I will have to wait for the book.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home