Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Quote of the Day





Everybody is a genius,
but if you judge a fish
by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing
that is it stupid.
 
Albert Einstein
 
Now, BEFORE THE UPROAR STARTS about this quote, ladies, let me just point out that I have not thought for MANY YEARS that human intelligence is anything to get excited about.  In fact, I'm one to get excited when I see that intelligence FADING AWAY, to be replaced by the SURE KNOWLEDGE that comes with being an aquatic life form rather than a shaved monkey.
 
I thought this was pretty funny, though.  I read somewhere that Einstein was thought to be retarded until he was 4 and a half years old because he had never spoken a word in his life.  When he suddenly went straight to using full sentences, they realized they HAD IT WRONG.  How smart WAS Einstein?  Well, within a few decades he had figured out how to split the atom, giving THE MOST WRONGHEADED SPECIES OF ALL the ability to scorch the entire surface of the earth and leave it uninhabitable.  That's what human genius does for you.
 
I also want to draw your attention to the photograph. 
 
Fish do climb trees.  And it has nothing to do with being smart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home